Your first visit
On the day of your first visit at our clinic, we invite you to have on hand:
- Information about your family's medical history and that of your partner
- Hereditary and genetic disease
- Congenital malformations
- Information concerning your own health
- Medical history
- Previous surgeries
- Your medication (name and posology of the drugs)
- Prior pregnancies
- Information about your private insurance and whether they cover the following:
- Prenatal screening
- Blood sampling in private laboratories
- Your medical file if your pregnancy follow-up was initiated in another centre.
Your doctor will order some blood and urine tests, including assessment of anemia, glucose levels, dosage of rubella antibodies, blood type and related antibodies, STBBI's. Your doctor may decide to order additional tests related to your condition. In all cases, the tests must be done as soon as possible so that your doctor can access the results at your next appointment.
Your doctor will explain the options concerning prenatal screening and will provide you with the prescription that best suits your needs. We invite you to inform yourself before your first visit.
Your doctor will hand you a prescription for your second trimester ultrasound which will take place around the 22nd week of your pregnancy.
Before you leave, you will obtain an appointment for your second visit. This appointment should take place 6 weeks later.
Do not hesitate to consult our Check-list from your first pregnancy follow-up visit.